The Fussy Baby Book The best-selling authors of The Baby Book (Dr William and Martha Sears) have created a supportive and practical guide to coping with difficult and fussy children. The book contains proven methods for dealing with a multitude of difficulties you may encounter.
Parents of fussy or difficult children, take heart, best-selling childcare experts William and Martha Sears have written a book just for you. Drawing on more than twenty years of paediatric practice and their experiences with their own high-need children, they provide:
- Creative ways to soothe a fussy baby
- Information on medical causes of infant fussiness – from infections to food sensitivities
- Effective ways of coping with common high-need personality traits and behaviour
- Proven strategies for discipline – getting connected to your child early, providing structure, setting limits, knowing when to say yes and when to say no
- Tips on learning how to talk and listen
- Real-life stories and advice from parents of high-need children
In The Fussy Baby Book Dr. William and Martha Sears acknowledge the difficulties you face but show you how responsive parenting can turn these challenges into advantages for both you and your child. The Searses prove that difficult children can provide the most rewarding parenting experiences of all.
Praise for The Baby Book:
'Encyclopaedic, clear, modern and engaging… Among the best parenting books out there.' Junior
‘This is a timeless way of raising babies.’
Steve Biddulph (author of Raising Boys)
About the author
William Sears, M.D, and Martha Sears, R.N., are the paediatric experts on whom American parents increasingly rely for advice and information on all aspects of pregnancy, birth, childcare, and family nutrition. Dr. Sears was trained at Harvard Medical School's Children's Hospital and Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children, the largest children's hospital in the world. He has practices paediatrics for more than thirty years. Martha Sears is a registered nurse, certified childbirth educator, and breast feeding consultant.